Welcome to the Dunlap Library
To ensure that all students become efficient and effective users of information and ideas.
INK: The Nonfiction Minute
Non Fiction Minute
Great authors are invited to share online. There is a narration option as well as the text.
This will be very beneficial for Common Core/Smarter Balanced pod casts' listening skills piece for elementary students. And should be fun, too! Yes - love to advocate for reading for PLEASURE!
The Dunlap Library could use your help!
- If you are interested in helping to shelve books please contact Katy Ellingsen.
- Global Reading Challenge
- November-February for 4th & 5th graders
- Washington Children’s Choice Picture Book Award
Ways to Raise a Reader
- Help children form a reading habit: read to your child every day.
- Let children see you reading: newspapers, magazines, books, articles on the Internet.
- It’s okay to focus on what’s happening in the pictures – if your child brings home long nonfiction books, try reading the captions.
- Ask your child questions about the story – favorite parts, predictions, etc.
- Watching a family movie? Use captions!